Cleveland Browns @ Green Bay Packers | 4:30 PM | FOX/NFLN The Packers have a 1-1 record on Christmas Day, while this will be the Browns’ first game played on the holiday.2
- 1 Are there football games on Christmas Day?
- 2 Does any NFL team play on Christmas?
- 3 Which NFL teams play on Thanksgiving?
- 4 Has there ever been an NFL game on a Friday?
- 5 What teams are playing on Christmas Day 2021?
- 6 Who plays the Thanksgiving game this year?
- 7 Is there a NFL game on Christmas Day 2019?
- 8 How long has there been 3 NFL games on Thanksgiving?
- 9 Why do Dallas and Detroit always play on Thanksgiving?
Are there football games on Christmas Day?
The Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts were two of 12 franchises to never play an NFL game on Christmas Day. That will change in 2021. For the first time in four years, the NFL will play a doubleheader on Christmas Day. The league last played two games on Christmas in 2017, when the holiday fell on a Monday.
Does any NFL team play on Christmas?
There isn’t one standalone reason that the NFL is playing on Christmas Day. The league plays on Dec. 25 every few years, and the action returns in 2020 with Saints vs. Vikings at 4:30 p.m. ET on Christmas.
Which NFL teams play on Thanksgiving?
NFL Thanksgiving schedule: Raiders-Cowboys, Bills-Saints and NFC North showdown on tap
- Bears at Lions (Thursday, Nov. 25 at 12:30 p.m. ET on FOX)
- Raiders at Cowboys (Thursday, Nov. 25 at 4:30 p.m. ET on CBS)
- Bills at Saints (Thursday, Nov. 25 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC)
Has there ever been an NFL game on a Friday?
Since high school and college teams typically play games on Friday and Saturday, respectively, the NFL cannot hold games on those days until those seasons generally end in mid-December. From 1961 through 1977, the NFL schedule consisted of fourteen regular season games played over fourteen weeks, except in 1966.
What teams are playing on Christmas Day 2021?
Christmas Day 2021 NFL Games
- Cleveland Browns @ Green Bay Packers | 4:30 PM | FOX/NFLN.
- Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals | 8:15 PM | NFLN.
- When did the NFL start playing on Christmas Day?
- Which NFL team has played the most games on Christmas Day?
- What happened in the 2020 Christmas Day NFL game?
Who plays the Thanksgiving game this year?
This year, the Lions host their divisional rival Chicago Bears, the Cowboys host the Las Vegas Raiders in an interconference matchup of massive fan bases, and concluding the holiday are the host New Orleans Saints taking on the AFC powerhouse Buffalo Bills. Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions.
Is there a NFL game on Christmas Day 2019?
For the first time since 2017, the NFL has scheduled a game for Christmas Day, which also marks the first time in 11 years two NFL teams played on Friday. Friday games are a relative rarity in the NFL and the matchup between the Saints and the Vikings will only be the 11th ever played since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970.
How long has there been 3 NFL games on Thanksgiving?
The NFL’s Thanksgiving Day games have traditionally included one game hosted by the Detroit Lions since 1934, and one game hosted by the Dallas Cowboys since 1966 (with two exceptions in 1975 and 1977). Since 2006, a third prime time game has also been played on Thanksgiving.
Why do Dallas and Detroit always play on Thanksgiving?
It all started on Thanksgiving Day in 1934, when owner George A. Richards decided to play on the holiday to attract more fans. Richards negotiated an agreement with NBC to broadcast his Thanksgiving games on 94 stations across the country. Since 1978, the Lions and Cowboys have hosted a game on Thanksgiving every year.