- Florida State’s victory earned it the 2014 BCS national championship and brought the Seminoles’ season to an end with an undefeated 14–0 record. This was FSU’s third national title in school history. With the loss, Auburn ended its season with a 12–2 record and a #2 ranking in the AP and Coaches polls.
- 1 Who played national championship in 2014?
- 2 Who won the national championship in 2016?
- 3 Did Alabama win the national championship in 2015?
- 4 Who won 2012 national championship?
- 5 Who beat Alabama in 2012?
- 6 Who did Notre Dame play in the 1988 national championship?
- 7 Who beat Ohio State in 2015?
- 8 Who did Ohio State lose to in 2015?
Who played national championship in 2014?
Florida St. 1 Florida State beat No. 2 Auburn 34-31 to win the last BCS national championship game on Monday night.
Who won the national championship in 2016?
The 13–1 Alabama Crimson Tide won the game, holding off the undefeated Clemson Tigers 45–40 in the fourth quarter.
Did Alabama win the national championship in 2015?
They were led by ninth-year head coach Nick Saban. They finished the season with a record of 14 wins and 1 loss (14–1 overall, 7–1 in the SEC), as SEC champions and as consensus national champions after they defeated Clemson in the College Football Playoff (CFP) National Championship Game.
Who won 2012 national championship?
Bama suffocates LSU to claim BCS national title 2 Alabama beat No.
Who beat Alabama in 2012?
Alabama beat LSU 21–0 to win their 14th national championship, marking the first shutout in a national championship game since the 1992 Orange Bowl and the first ever shutout in a BCS bowl game. The game had the third-lowest TV rating, 14.01, in the 14-year history of the BCS National Championship game.
Who did Notre Dame play in the 1988 national championship?
The 1988 NCAA Division I-A football season ended with Notre Dame winning the national championship. The Fighting Irish won the title via a 34–21 defeat of previously unbeaten West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe, Arizona.
Who beat Ohio State in 2015?
Michigan State arrived at Ohio Stadium on Nov. 21, 2015 as a heavy underdog, its Big Ten Quarterback of the Year winner couldn’t play, and then the Spartans walked out with a 17-14 win. Geiger delivered the final shot with a 41-yard field goal as time expired to snap the Buckeyes’ 23-game winning streak.
Who did Ohio State lose to in 2015?
The only problem is, the Buckeyes’ defeat—a 17-14 home loss at the hands of Michigan State —essentially ended Ohio State’s hopes for a conference championship, which has served as a prerequisite for the playoff committee in its first two years of existence.