What is Ohio State football highest score?
- Led by three-time All-American Chic Harley, the 1916 team was first in school history to win the Western Conference championship. The Buckeyes defeated Oberlin, 128-0, the most points scored in a game in Ohio State football history. Ohio State outscored opponents 258-29.
- 1 What started the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan?
- 2 Can Ohio State still make the playoffs if they lose to Michigan?
- 3 Who leads the Michigan Ohio State rivalry?
- 4 Has Michigan ever beat Ohio State?
- 5 Did Jim Harbaugh win against Ohio State as a player?
- 6 Why does Ohio State have stickers on their helmets?
- 7 How many years has it been since Michigan beat Ohio State?
- 8 Where will Ohio State be ranked after losing to Michigan?
- 9 Who has the most wins in college football history?
What started the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan?
When the University of Michigan and Ohio State University met for the first time in 1897, the Toledo War was within the memories of some still living, and the short-lived border war may have fueled the rivalry between the two opposing teams. Ohio State became a member of the Big Ten Conference in 1912.
Can Ohio State still make the playoffs if they lose to Michigan?
Championship season is over for the Buckeyes. They have no chance at either the Big Ten or the playoff following Saturday’s loss to the Wolverines, their first since 2011. 3
Who leads the Michigan Ohio State rivalry?
Michigan leads the all-time series 58-51-8. Ohio State, though is 17-2 since Jim Tressel was hired as the head coach in 2001 and the Buckeyes have won eight straight games against Michigan. If Ohio State wins, they will match Michigan for the longest win streak in the rivalry history at 9 games (1901-1909). 4
Has Michigan ever beat Ohio State?
Michigan has beat Ohio State just twice this century— in 2003 and 2011. All that said, the Wolverines still lead the overall series 58-52-6. Michigan’s last win in the series was a 40–34 triumph that saw Denard Robinson torch the Buckeyes defense for 167 yards through the air and 170 yards on the ground. 4
Did Jim Harbaugh win against Ohio State as a player?
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh got his first win in six tries against Ohio State on Saturday afternoon and now believes this could be start of the recently one-sided rivalry turning the other way. “It feels like the beginning,” Harbaugh said during his postgame press conference. 3
Why does Ohio State have stickers on their helmets?
According to ESPN, when Jim Tressel coached the Buckeyes from 2001 to 2010, everyone on the team received a buckeye leaf for each Ohio State win, plus an additional one for Big Ten wins. “They are stickers and each one means the player did something really good to help the Buckeyes win!
How many years has it been since Michigan beat Ohio State?
— 10 years. Nine games. That’s how long it had been since Michigan football had bested its rival in Ohio State. And on Saturday, the Wolverines played with pent-up aggression, embodying every single second of that drought — from the players to the coaching staff. 4
Where will Ohio State be ranked after losing to Michigan?
Ohio State Drops To No. 7 In Associated Press Top 25 Poll After Loss At Michigan. The Buckeyes had their eight-game winning streak over the Wolverines snapped on Saturday. Ohio State fell five spots to No. 7 in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll following its 42-27 loss at Michigan on Saturday afternoon. 3
Who has the most wins in college football history?
Michigan is the winningest program in the history of college football.