What’s the best way to display a sports jersey?
- There are many different ways to show off your sports memorabilia, including frames and display cases. If you own a replica sports jersey, use a shadowbox frame to display the garment; framing your jersey at home is easy, and will save you loads of money compared to going to a professional framer.
How do I display my jersey?
Place the hanger inside your jersey and put it on the nail or hook. To add to your display, try hanging a picture of yourself in uniform, your favorite player, or a piece of sporting equipment nearby. If your jersey is prone to slipping, use small Glue Dots or similar adhesives to keep the fabric in place.
How do you display football tops?
How to display football shirts
- Use a rail for a flexible storage/display solution.
- Adhesive hooks are perfect when transitioning to hanging shirts on the wall.
- Arrange and/or theme your display.
- Display your shirt alongside other items.
- Create content using your display.
Can you frame a jersey in a regular frame?
Most jerseys will fit in either a 30″ x 36″ or 32″ x 40″ frame. Lay the jersey out in the desired position (and orientation to the frame) on the matte backing board inside the shadow box frame or foam board if using a standard frame. They will also not damage the jersey fabric.
What size frame do I need for a jersey?
Choose the right frame. The typical jersey-size frame is 40-inches by 32-inches. Choose a frame that is stained or painted a color that matches your jersey, and the décor in your home. Look for a shadow box with UV-protective glass.
What can you do with old football strips?
You can donate your old strip to specialist charities like Football 4 Africa or Kits 4 Causes. They’ll pass on your unwanted strip to those in need. For details on how to donate, simply visit their websites.
How do you store football jerseys?
There are three main ways to store a jersey: flat, rolled or hung. The latter is most obvious; you put the jersey on a hanger and then put into plastic. Rolling the jersey allows for easier storage, as it becomes very compact, but you need to make sure your storage medium controls for heat, humidity and UV light.
How do you make a shadow box?
How to Make a Shadow Box
- Cut out the back panel of your shadowbox. Set the glass from your picture frame aside and discard the back of the frame.
- Cut the wooden edges.
- Glue down the sides of your shadowbox.
- Nail your frame to your back panel.
- Paint your shadowbox.
- Add the front of your shadowbox.