While the official salary is undisclosed, studies have shown that an average NFL referee earns about $205,000, starting in 2019. Besides earning a substantial pension plan on top of a flat fee per season, NFL referees are paid a per-game amount.
- Officially, a referee’s salary is undisclosed but using expired CBAs the figure has been estimated. It has been calculated that an average NFL referee earned $205,000 in 2019. This was a huge increase in the amount earned before, which was closer to $150,000.
- 1 How much do NFL refs make per game?
- 2 How much do Super Bowl refs get paid?
- 3 Who is the highest paid referee?
- 4 Are NFL referees full time employees?
- 5 How much do NFL Waterboys make?
- 6 Who is the highest paid NFL referee?
- 7 Do refs get paid off?
- 8 How much do referees make?
- 9 How do you become a referee?
- 10 Who is the millionaire referee?
- 11 How much does a FIFA ref make?
- 12 How much do refs get paid NBA?
- 13 Do NFL referees have other jobs?
How much do NFL refs make per game?
Referees receive a season-long fixed fee plus a per-game bonus. Working in a postseason game comes with a sizable salary. The postseason game rate is said to be up to two times higher than the in-season game rate. Referees are said to get up to $1,500 every game, according to reports.
How much do Super Bowl refs get paid?
The salaries of Super Bowl Referees in the US range from $25,486 to $668,979, with a median salary of $122,079. The middle 57% of Super Bowl Referees makes between $122,083 and $304,034, with the top 86% making $668,979.
Who is the highest paid referee?
Mark Clattenburg He is the highest-paid referee and according to some reports he has signed a contract with Saudi Arabia Football Federation and he gets $650,00 per season.
Are NFL referees full time employees?
Officials are considered to be part-time employees of the NFL. As a result, they don’t receive insurance benefits. However, they do have a 401k plan with a partial matching contribution. They also have representation from the NFL Referees Association.
How much do NFL Waterboys make?
How much does an NFL waterboy make? The typical starting salary for a waterboy is $53,000 per year according to stack.com.
Who is the highest paid NFL referee?
Who is the highest paid NFL referee? The NFL referees who were paid the most in the 2020-2021 season were Brad Allen and Walt Anderson, but their salaries have not been disclosed.
Do refs get paid off?
The answer: It’s a big pay day. According to various sites, including FanDuel, the average NFL referee salary was set at $205,000 per year starting in 2019. TWO-HUNDRED-AND-FIVE-THOUSAND-DOLLARS! That average salary is more than some doctors.
How much do referees make?
So, how much does an NFL referee make a year? According to the major sports sites (including FanDuel), NFL referees make about $205,000/year.
How do you become a referee?
How to become a referee
- Obtain a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Choose the sport you want to officiate.
- Obtain specific training.
- Complete state registration.
- Gain experience for career advancement.
- Become certified.
Who is the millionaire referee?
Björn Kuipers (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈbjʏrəŋ ˈkœypərs; ˈbjʏrn -]; born 28 March 1973) is a former Dutch football referee. He has been a FIFA listed referee since 2006 and an UEFA Elite group referee since 2009.
How much does a FIFA ref make?
Average FIFA referee pay: $260,000 The tough environment can lead many referees to quit. Referees at all levels are associated with FIFA, but only the best, at the highest grade, are chosen to officiate international games.
How much do refs get paid NBA?
NBA referees earn an estimated salary between $150,000 and $550,000 each year, according to Sportskeeda. Career Trend estimated that the base salary for new referees in 2018 was $250,000, while Career Explorer Guide estimated that the lowest professional referee salaries were $180,000 for 2021.
Do NFL referees have other jobs?
An NFL ref can make anywhere from $25,000 to $70,000 a season, although since most of the games are on Sundays, they can also have other jobs during the week. (We’ll get to those in a minute.) That cash comes with responsibilities, though.