A key skill for an American football quarterback is to throw the ball both accurately and for distance. Many throws during a game are over a short distance, but some players have been known to throw up to 100 yards when needed.
- A person can throw the ball from 40-45 yards on average, whereas professional players can throw from 55-80+ yards. Jim Plunkett of the Oakland Raiders launched the longest touchdown throw in NFL history in 1983. However, the ball was not thrown 99 yards; rather, it was tossed a short distance and the receiver sprinted the remaining distance.
- 1 Is it possible to throw a football 100 yards?
- 2 How far can average man throw football?
- 3 How far could Jim Plunkett throw a football?
- 4 How far did Aaron Rodgers throw?
- 5 Is 50 yards far to throw a football?
- 6 What is the farthest throw of a football ever?
- 7 How far does Tom Brady throw?
- 8 How far could Michael Vick throw a football?
- 9 How fast can Brett Favre throw a football?
- 10 How Far Can John Elway throw a football?
- 11 How fast do pro football players throw?
Is it possible to throw a football 100 yards?
It is public knowledge that neither the NFL nor any official league has any record of a player throwing the ball 100 yards. He threw the ball 68 yards through the air, while the history of the longest pass was in 1983 when Jim Plunkett threw the longest touchdown pass.
How far can average man throw football?
Depends, are you asking how high or how far a ball can be thrown? Assuming the first of the two the average human can throw a ball approximately 15 metres (49.213 feet) in the air. In the latter the average person could throw a ball around 60 mp/h (37.3km/h).
How far could Jim Plunkett throw a football?
There is no record of a player throwing 100 yards in the NFL or any official league. In 1983, Jim Plunkett threw the longest touchdown pass in NFL history, completing 68 yards in the air. 2
How far did Aaron Rodgers throw?
According to a number of estimations, Aaron Rodgers’s pass traveled 66–68 yards (60–62 m) before reaching the hands of Richard Rodgers II. The throw was also high enough to nearly hit the rafters at Ford Field.
Is 50 yards far to throw a football?
Is throwing a football 50 yards good? As for a football, probably about 50 yards. Being able to throw a good slider makes for having a tight spiral. Most people should be able to throw 30 yds.
What is the farthest throw of a football ever?
Trivia. In 1983 Raiders player Jim Plunkett threw a 99-yard touchdown pass, the longest in NFL history.
How far does Tom Brady throw?
Tom Brady’s touchdown and passing yardage pace Before his “Thursday Night Football” game against the Eagles, Brady was averaging 353.4 yards per game. That pace would translate to about 6,008 passing yards over a 17-game season. The current NFL record is held by Peyton Manning, who threw for 5,477 yards in 2013.
How far could Michael Vick throw a football?
During his electrifying NFL career, Michael Vick became known for his ability to use his legs but sometimes that overshadowed his incredible arm talent. With one flick of his left wrist, Vick could send a football spiraling 60 yards downfield.
How fast can Brett Favre throw a football?
Figures for football greats are largely anecdotal but indicate that the greatest quarterbacks had exceptional throwing speed. Brett Favre is estimated at 63 mph, and Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, 59 mph on short hard throws.
How Far Can John Elway throw a football?
John Elway Elway could throw a 70 yard pass down the field and get it right on the money.
How fast do pro football players throw?
The average speed of an NFL throw is 60mph.